Saturday, December 16, 2006

Festivus cancelled due to bad weather


Every year around Christmas my best friend Chelsea and I celebrate festivus. We usually go and see a movie and then go out for dinner, or something to that effect. This year we had big plans for festivus, we were going to take it on the road! The idea was to go to Calgary for the weekend, do some shopping, see the mountains and maybe go out for a night on the town. However this did not happen due to the horrible road conditions on highway 2, we were stuck in Edmonton.

I can't stand how much control winter has over our lives, it's ridiculous. Here are the top 5 things I hate about winter...

1. I am always cold! I'm convinced my core body temperature drops drastically in september and doesn't raise back up again until may.
2. My hair gets extremely staticky and is constantly sticking to my face.
3. I hardly ever see sunlight, I leave home in the morning when it's dark and get off work when the sun has already gone down.
4. I usually have a cold throughout the whole season (i've been on antibiotics twice so far this year).
5. I can't remember or even imagine what summer is like.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate static hair!! it drives me nuts! There are definitely stupid things about winter.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you joce, however I NEVER get static hair, ever. It was unfortuante our trip was cancelled and I also hate road and road conditions and just drving in general in the winter..it sucks....

jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jocelyn said...

I guess people who only wash their hair once a week don't have issues with static.

dan said...

Your just jealous..........im so unclean....

dan said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!! I AM BORED WITH IT!

Anonymous said...

joce- i completely agree.. the static hair.. blech, the zero sunlight- no wonder i am more depressed in the winter. true true to all your points

Anonymous said...

I knew a guy who use to hire homeless people, like anythign dealing with people, its hard to find the ones willing to work and the ones who may truly be lazy but you got to have alot of patience becuase they may not be as happy-go-lucky as their non-homless coutnerparts.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet online[/url] There are top retail locations sitting vacant that once would never have come onto the market. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Lnfdjidur
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Cktliuniq [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose online[/url] bkjuosmnc